Large albumen photograph of the Pennsylvania Military Academy Base Ball Club

Large albumen photograph of the Pennsylvania Military Academy Base Ball Club

[West Chester, Penn. ?]: 1890. The photograph is approx. 12" x 15¾" (by sight) in what appears to be the original mount (approx. 18" x 22"). The mount is broken at 3 corners but no loss of any lettering or image; some light overall spotting of the image, else generally very good. The 12-member team is pictured in 2 rows in a formal pose with a landscape backdrop; players and positions are identified in ink at the bottom; some light overall spotting, else very good. The Pennsylvania Military Academy began playing baseball in 1866. Founded in 1821 as the Bullock School for Boys, the academy moved to West Chester, Pennsylvania and the school’s name changed to the Pennsylvania Military Academy. PMA enrolled preparatory as well as college students until 1892, and the named changed to Pennsylvania Military College. In 1972, what had been America's second-oldest military college finally disbanded. Item #58400

Price: $1,250.00

See all items in Americana, Photography